Saturday, 17 January 2009

Before:



After:




Dave stimmed and strimmed. He cleared all of it today, including rasberries and rhubarb. We decided on getting rid and starting again some other time. Mullered Rhubarb..........








Dug shed into soil, after it blew over. We were really lucky, R1bazza kindly rescued our tools yesterday, nice to know how friendly our fellow allotmenteers are. So glad the shed is now where I've planned it to be, and not stuck in the middle of the plot.






Over the last week I've met quite a few neighbours, One showed me all his progress, and a underground trough where frogs live. Lets hope they eat slugs. Another is on the committee and was keen for me to get involved, and some other old boy just thinks I'm jealous of his nicely rotted muck. Perhaps I am. Did I ever expect to be jealous of poo?

I disturbed several ladybirds today, dunno what they were upto..



Still don't know whether to keep these currant bushes. I want to, Dave doesn't.


Dave dug out the side of this bed. I removed some couch grass from it later on. It should be our first bed. Might put onions in it.



Having somewhere to perch my behind has come in very handy. Highly recommended.



Good day all round, but freezing cold now and back is killing me. Must pace myself. Got Willow coming round tomorrow to 'be at one with nature', and roast dinner, and we plan to create a more formal compost bin with the pallets I've accumulated from freecycle, and get a water butt up there too. Might as well take advantage of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment